Saturday, February 19, 2011

Time to breathe...

The past 2 weeks, more or less:

Sunday, 2/6: Kathryn singing in the choristers choir. She glared at me, but I took the picture anyway.


Monday, 2/7: Kathryn and Becca opened a restaurant! Here's the menu. Unfortunately, I came home after the restaurant had stopped serving for the day.


Tuesday, 2/8: You should read this book. ALL of you.



Wednesday, 2/9: A bit of workplace 'harassment'. I was just the photographer; I was totally innocent...



Thursday, 2/10: Rebecca's love note to me:


Friday, 2/11: Valentine's Day party in Rebecca's class. I have never seen such a well-behaved group of 5 year olds. Kudos to the teacher!


The craft project - a Valentine's hawk, for the school mascot.


Saturday, 2/12: We watched Gnomeo and Juliet, but it was dark in the theater, so no pictures. Rebecca LOVED the 3-D glasses. I didn't love the $3 upcharge per person quite as much. I'm cheap.

Sunday, 2/13: Kathryn had a gymnastics meet in Indianapolis, but Rebecca wanted to stay home so she could go to church and choir practice and see her beloved teacher, Judy. I did have to get up at 6 am to do Kathryn's hair. And she scored her first 9 of the season - a 9.1 on the beam!


Monday, 2/14: Kathryn and Rebecca came to my office to bring me a V-day present, and left a present on Ann's whiteboard next door too.


Tuesday, 2/15: I deliberately didn't take the picture of my present till today. My game, my rules!
"And mommy, when you kill these, you can still plant the bulbs in the yard!" Ah, my family knows me well.


Wednesday, 2/16: Kathryn finally got to be in the 9.0 club picture at gymnastics! I'll save my thoughts about whether this is rubbing it in for the less successful girls for another time.


Thursday, 2/17: Darwin Day lecture. I (in a moment of insanity) volunteered to participate in the panel discussion and give a short presentation on how Darwin's work relates to the stuff I think about. I think my preparation time to presentation time ratio ended up being about 30 to 1. And that's only because I went about 15 minutes over time. But the story of how butterflies make spots is just TOO DARN COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment