Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 7-9

January 9: There were much more interesting pictures I could've taken today, but of course, I forgot. So here is Kathryn, reading OUR new Nook. I should exercise my right as parent and take it from her so I can read, but I'd rather not face her wrath. ;) I love that I can borrow books for the Nook from the library. I'm reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's keeping my interest very well, which can't be said for most books.




January 8: This is the swatch for my next sweater. I love the beautiful variegated red of this yarn. I was so conscientious - knitted a sample swatch, and even washed and dried it before measuring. Unfortunately, it's too big. Back to swatching with smaller needles.



January 7: First snow of the year. I love snow. This snowfall was even better because amazingly, there wasn't a snow delay! Since we live where a 2 inch snowfall can mean 2 cancelled school days, this was completely unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment