Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Building an arch

I would have liked a better title for this one, with technical sounding physics/engineering terms, but I didn't actually see the exhibits. Had to work. Poor me.

John built an arch at the St. Louis Science Center. It was so well built that the kids could actually stand under it.



Then they learned about optics.



And they did some brain teaser called the tower of Hanoi.



The teamwork exhibited in this picture is amazing. And rare.



Success!



Then they balanced 12 nails on one.






I am a little perturbed that they apparently learned a lot more physics/math on this trip than biology. Guess that's what happens when I'm not around to make sure they get a well-rounded education.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the Science Centre they have been too? We can take them to the Science Centre when you are back in Singapore. The children will have fun together!

    Kathryn looks so grown up now!

    ReplyDelete